Glastonbury and the Red Bull Soapbox Race

It's been yet another busy month so haven't had time to write everything down. Glastonbury was great, the first day was sweltering and we spent most of it looking for shade, so didn't explore as much as we normally would. Luckily they let us go to the front of the queue to get in so that the kids would avoid being in the sun too long, which I was exceedingly thankful for! 

My festival highlights would include Foo Fighters, Mik Artistik's Ego Trip, Chic with Nile Rodgers and Liam Gallagher. Lowlights would include Ed Sheeran and Radiohead. Radiohead in particular was disappointing because of the crowd - I couldn't hear the songs over people talking, no matter how near the front I got, so I left before the encore. I heard Creep on the way back to the caravan so I've heard it twice out of the three times I've seen them! I've setup an album of photos which can be seen here.
 
Last weekend we went to Alexandra Palace to see the Red Bull Soapbox Race. There were some awesome cars there, my favourite was the one with the raptors from Jurassic World. We didn't have a great view to begin with but we got trackside for the last quarter of the event. The time went pretty quickly and we all enjoyed it. Nicky is already planning his own soapbox car! 

Two and a bit weeks until we're off to the Isle of Wight again!

Keane Ingram

A father of three and husband of one. I enjoy spending time with my family, staying active (especially cycling, running and capoeira) and playing video games. I also enjoy reading and watching films.

No comments:

Post a Comment