Time going quickly

I can't believe it's almost August already. The summer holidays have started and we're off to the Isle of Wight next week!

Last Friday was the last day of term for Nicky and Kitty. They both had excellent school reports and we had some of their Christmas money left over, so we bought a trampoline for the garden. We got it set up before they came home on Friday so it was a nice surprise for them!


So holiday next week and I have nothing ready - I've got to sort out some clothes and make sure they still fit! I'm stuck between sizes at the moment, M is a little too small whilst L is too large, I'm determined to get back to my pre-hernia weight so I'm trying not to buy clothes until then. I've managed a few bike rides recently and hopefully I can get fit again without getting injured!

Not much else to write about, other than the progress of 'Project Riker'. I've not shaved since Glastonbury and am almost looking respectable, rather than simply too lazy to shave. In fact I've probably spent more time attending to my facial hair than I ever did when I shaved! I had expected comments from people about it but so far only three people I'm not related to have said anything, all positive. I thought I'd start growing a beard to mark a new chapter in life - I recently started a new role at work and am starting to get things organised, and I'm getting closer to 40 so this is almost like an early midlife crisis!

Keane Ingram

A father of three and husband of one. I enjoy spending time with my family, staying active (especially cycling, running and capoeira) and playing video games. I also enjoy reading and watching films.

No comments:

Post a Comment