Roll on September

It seems like the school holidays go on forever, especially when I'm trying to concentrate on something! Working from home definitely has its advantages but sometimes I miss having somewhere separate. I might try the library one day as it has a lot of free desks and power sockets, and free Wi-Fi most importantly!

I've been fairly busy since getting back from the Isle of Wight with various things. We went to a friend's housewarming the weekend before last. It used to be the case that we were the only people turning up with kids but now everyone else is catching up. Now that ours are older it means we can almost relax and sit down whilst they entertain themselves! It was good to catch up with people and to see people react to the beard (which is now 2 months old).

I had to go on a speeding awareness course last week after getting caught a few months ago (Kitty was late for a ballet rehearsal and I was stuck in traffic for half an hour - doesn't excuse it obviously!) It was actually fairly interesting, the organisers were aware that everyone was only there to avoid getting 3 points and I did learn some useful things. It turns out that they have indeed changed the red-light cameras to also work as speed cameras (this is what caught me) and there are now quite a few of these around. I also learned the difference between a single carriageway and a dual carriageway (and it has nothing to do with lanes!)

On Friday night I went with a friend to see Mik Artistik's Ego Trip at The Harrison in London. I must have seen Mik about 20 times if you include all the random shows around Glastonbury - I first saw them there in 2004! The gig was awesome as always, there were a couple of new songs (one about 6 missed calls, another about finding an abandoned armchair and riding it down a hill) and plenty of old favourites. I never thought Dad Muscles would get such a singalong!

Mik Artistik's Ego Trip
Nicky attended a soccer school all of last week and seemed to get on well - he got a medal on the last day for doing his best all week and becoming more comfortable in all positions. I haven't had a chance yet to take him for a kick about to see if he is any better, but he enjoyed it which is the main thing! He also won free tickets for Southend United vs Plymouth, so we went on Saturday.


The view was not the best but for free tickets you can't really complain! Unfortunately all of the action was at the other end, Southend scored early in the first half and were pretty dominant, but in the second half Plymouth came back into it and scored (again on the far side). Southend deserved more than a point and the referee was pretty terrible.

Keane Ingram

A father of three and husband of one. I enjoy spending time with my family, staying active (especially cycling, running and capoeira) and playing video games. I also enjoy reading and watching films.

No comments:

Post a Comment