The year is going quickly

The year is already 30 days old - where did the time go? It's Rory's birthday in 2 days (which has me questioning where the last five years went!) After initially not being a massive fan of school, something seems to have clicked with Rory and he's now zooming ahead with reading and writing - he's one of only 3 in the higher reading group, whereas before Christmas it was a struggle to get him to read at all!

Mentally I seem to have been coping quite well this month, which I think is mostly down to exercise and not injuring myself. I've kept up circuit training 2-3 times a week and I managed a 50km ride recently which is my longest ride for a few months. I've already broken 200km for the month so my target of 2000km for the year is well on track. I even went running on the beach during circuit training last week and my calf muscles survived unscathed! I've also been stretching every day and this weekend I finally succeeded in touching my toes for the first time in many, many years - I am very pleased with this! I've not really lost any weight but I'm getting fitter and stronger. I was hoping to lose some weight before buying a new suit (I need one for the wedding in June) so I might need to go on a diet as well as exercise.

I've been playing on the Switch whenever time allows, and have so far put more than 50 hours into The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. Being able to play it as a portable is so convenient when the kids are monopolising the TV with their usual rubbish! I've also been playing Just Dance with the kids which is hard work, I must be burning some calories doing these dances!

The less said about Liverpool the better, although Nicky has been enjoying our recent run of losses! His Premier League team (Leicester City - he has a valid reason) are still in the FA Cup and doing reasonably well which he reminds me about regularly!

Keane Ingram

A father of three and husband of one. I enjoy spending time with my family, staying active (especially cycling, running and capoeira) and playing video games. I also enjoy reading and watching films.

No comments:

Post a Comment